Hello!
Hi so just a few items of business. I think I am 3 hours ahead of you, I'm already an hour ahead of Guadeloupe and I think they are 2 hours ahead of Utah. So I think I'll call you around Three o'clock in the afternoon.
Yes I did get transfered, Elder Bastien, as we predicted, is leaving for an english island because he can only be in french territory for 90 days. He is going to Saint Lucia to be with Elder Smith, from the Bahamas. I am going to Cayenne To be with Elder Miranda. You may remember when I was in trinity that Elder Miranda was almost transfered to trinity to be with me. He's french, but his parents are from Chilie, so he speaks spanish which helps alot here because there are alot of spanish speakers down here. The area in which I have been working will be closed to missionaries. I think president really wants to focus on Cayenne and Get Cayenne to be a really strong branch before spreading out. There is a risk that the Matoury branch will close but there is no telling. We'll see when President Gamiette comes on the 20th of may.
It seems weird but yesterday I had my 24th Fast and testimony meeting on my mission! and tomorrow is my 23 month mark. It seems like I've been on a mission since I was born, but at the same time like I just started. It's quite a paradoxical feeling.
I just made my last "planner Cover" I think you'll like it it's got you, tracey and amy and the kids, nick, and an airplane. (I didn't have a good photo of Rita and Steve or I would have put them on there too. I'll show it to you in 6 weeks. (Though by then it won't look as nice as it does now.)
Landry was really good. We taught him with president this week, and finally his girlfriend Denise joined us at the end of the lesson. She's been skeptical for a while now. Mostly just about what people say. You know, like that we "practice polygamy" and that we're a cult and so on and so fourth. Landry kind of pushed her to ask a few questions that she had asked him, one was about Polygamy one was about Adam and Eve and the last wast about blood transfusions.I still feel like she is a little skeptical but I think she feels a little more at ease.
Other than that we went around telling the members that we were leaving, they are throwing a multi family family home evening for our depart. That's really nice of them. I'm really excited. Alot of members were pretty bummed about not having missionaries any more but we explained that just because the missionaries are gone that doesn't mean that missionary work stops.
Other than that I will talk to you next week!
Love you!
Great Letter and I forgot how much I LOVED Mothers day when I had missionaries. ENJOY your phone call! Love, Robynn
ReplyDelete