Monday, May 23, 2011

3 More Mondays


Wow this week was pretty crazy.

OK it was mostly Church on sunday. President Gamiette finally came to french guiana! And he brought with him a mess of changes. The Matoury branch is now dissolved and is joined with the Cayenne branch. Elder Drolet (the senior couple missionary) is no longer the branch president but it is now President D'abreu. That didn't astonish anyone. The Elders quorum president was also changed. Which was another positive thing. The old one wasn't bad he was just really unexperianced and I believe he felt overwhelmed. Especially with the emphasis that president Gamiette is putting on the Elders Quorum President. He explained in Sacrament meeting that the branch president's first responsiblity is of course his own family, and after that it is looking after the youth. He is the judge in isreal and has the keys to tell you if you are worth or not for saving ordanences. He then explained that the Elders quorum president in in charge of preparing all adult members to receive saving ordanceces (except for baptism) so it's him who prepares everyone to get the preisthood and go to the temple. He really put alot of emphasis on the Elders Quorum President. The Room was really full and I was really happy to see that. Like REALLY happy.

As you can see I forwarded you my flight plans. I know you had my plans from port of spain to salt lake city, but I included Cayenne to Fort-de-France and Fort-de-France to Port of Spain (which includes a layover in Barbados) I'll by flying out of cayenne the 14th of June. I'll stay the night in Fort-de-France and leave the next morning (the 15th for Port of Spain and then the next day I'll be headed for the US of A. Woah....


Elder Miranda Leaves 6 weeks after I do. We are the two oldest french side missionaries.

I have not got my sandals back but I have concocted some plans to get them.

I got Deans Letter, it got missent to Guyana. that's why it took so long. I liked it alot, it really gave me a boost especially because I had already constated that I wouldn't receive anymore letters before going home.

There is also something else that I think I should tell you, But I don't want you to be too worried. Today we did some hiking on a trail and the trail ended up at a beach (deserted beach don't worry) and there was a river, Myself and another missionary were on one side of the river and the two others were on the other side, we started to act out the Nephite-Lamanite battles by throwing Palm tree seeds and coconuts at our opponants. We found wood and made fortifications to hide behind. Well....someone wasn't thinking to clearly and threw a glass bottle......It shattered on my head. But thats it and it's not that bad. Just don't be worried about it. I'm not.

That's about it Remember that I love you and Can't wait to see you in three weeks! =)

1 comment:

  1. I love when son's tell us what to worry about and what NOT to worry about. A glass bottle broken on your head would seem to be in the worry catagory. I'm glad he told us to NOT worry. Bless his heart oops, Bless his Head I should say. Can't wait to see him. SLY Robynn

    ReplyDelete