Hey! How are you doing? So this week we had something a little bit special. The assistants are going around doing splits with all the areas and helping them accomplish their goals. This week it was our turn (it was for 2 days) and it went well. At the same time that means 2 teams in Basse tere which meant I walked for 2 days.haha but it was good. Elder Lake taught us about accomplishing our goals and why it's so important. Especially Contacts. Also they taught us about maintaining a good area book.Thanksgiving was a bit of a let down, President Gamiette, not being american, did not sympathize with our need for turkey and gravy on that nearly sacred thursday. But I cooked Chicken, Corn and Mashed potatoes and I taught Elder Rodriguez the basics of a classic Thanksgiving.Thierry is doing well, we did not get to teach him this week however, but we did see him once and he said he was reading in the book of mormon. He's doing well. Oh and another thing the thing I bought on my card wasn't shoes, it was pants...I got hussled into buying 2 pairs of pants when I only wanted one. (I'm the worst haggler ever) so yeah...I'm going to need to get some shoes.This week we had alot of less actives at church today. From our area we had 4 and basse terre had 1 so that was great. I was great to see the whole Family Duflo at church. The family Duflo is a partly active family, the husband comes every week but the wife doesn't and when she doesn't come the kids don't come and they have 3 of them, two are already baptized and the other is just 3 or 4 but they're a great family and I want to see them active again. Also there is a member here named Ines and she calls all the missionary mothers and she'd like to call you. She says she's tried several times but can't get through. If you see a number from here don't be alarmed it's not me being dissobedient it's just Ines calling to talk to you. She's from dominica so she speaks english. She was the other less active that came to church. Although there were two other less actives who could have come but couldn't get rides. Dimitri who was once really into drugs and now is a little messed up because of them, and the other is a man named Brother Théore (said Tay-Or) And he laughs alot! He's so much fun. And he loves the missionaries. He reads every day in the bible and we want to get him started reading everyday in the Book of Mormon as well. He's great!Other than that we just did alot of walking these past two days and We helped out with a food bank collection. I found that handing out bags was alot like missionary work except it doesn't really matter if they say "No". It was pretty good and I hope to get your package soon. Say hi to Cory Neilson for me! Also to the rest of the ward.
Love you§
No comments:
Post a Comment