Monday, August 9, 2010

So this week went well....

Elder Gary Coleman

So this week went well. We had zone conference in Guadeloupe and it was way sweet. A member of the quorum of the seventy was there. Elder Gary Coleman, and he was way cool to hear. He talked about how everything we do here is to Establish the Church more fully like it talks about in Alma, We talked alot about getting local leaders into the church. How we need Cabable, Worthy Men, and that is leadership. A line I liked is when he was talking about less actives and how they are cabable but not worthy right now, he said "Bring them in or bring them back, The Lord doesn't care, they are all his children." I loved that alot. So it was really cool hearing from Elder Coleman.

After the conference we (the martinique elders) were the only one's who hadn't been interviewed and so President Gamiette explained that our interviews would be held by Elder Coleman. So that was pretty cool, I got interviewed by a 70. We talked about who I was and then he asked me worthiness questions and then we talked about how the Savior should be at the center of everything we do. We can never forget him. That was sweet.

This week we taught someone that I think still has potential. We found her two weeks ago and her name is Gail. We had a great first lesson with her and had a lesson on the book of mormon this week. I felt like she felt very skeptical but she said she would read and come to church. Well, she didn't come to church. So we are going to see her this week. I hope she's read.

Yesterday a less active came to church that we didn't know so we asked her who she was and if we could come see her after church. She said yeah so we went over there. They were eating and they offered us food! yay! So I took some rice and some red beans and then her husband plopped two whole shrimp on my plate. Seafood... ha I ate the rice an stuff and then I had to ask her how I could eat the shrimp. She said "Oh your mom always took of the heads when she cooked shrimp?" I just laughed and said "yeah that's it." But they were good. I liked 'em.


and here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.

The picture of the red thing is a fruit. I don't know what it's called, but it's delicious,

1 comment:

  1. I Loved reading Elder Plaster's weekly letter. What great experiences he has blessing the lives of others and his own. Love, Robynn

    ReplyDelete