This week was pretty good. We worked alot in the neighboring cities to trinité. Le Robert and Sainte-Marie. We found a really cool lady who let the missionaries in before. She had a book of mormon and everything. Well we went back by just to say hi or teach a lesson if she had the time but she wasn't there, but her husband was, he was also really really nice. So it changed from just a really nice lady with a book of mormon to a really nice family with a book of mormon. Sweet find! also it's getting down to the end of the transfer, which can sometimes mean that travel funds get low, so we have been doing some hitchiking lately. Yesterday we met a very very interesting man. He picked us up and when we got in the car we realized this guy was ancient. He later told us that he was 92 years old. He didn't really seem like he wanted to talk so for the most part we just sat in silence as we drove. Well at the end he said; "Here now I'm going to give you something." and he whipped out two peices of paper and then he went on a rambling fit. He was saying something like all religeons could not be trusted, and on the top of the paper it said "All the religions have spoken, and now God speaks." and to be honest what was written on the paper was alot of unconnected fairly incoherent sentances. I am yet in the process of trying to understand what it says. Well pretty much the point of his rant was, when he was an adulterer, God called him to be a prophet and he left his sins and now he is a prophet and that the "Church of God" was just selected chosen good people in all of the churches. So after about ten minutes of ranting I was sick of it and I just got out and started walking away. (we had already explained that we had an appointment and that we needed to go.) and my companion says that right after I got out the man grabbed his arm and just started yelling in Créole at him. I have the paper taped in my journal now.He was Great
Also I'm including pictures of two of the funniest/craziest men in the branch, their both less active and one is the uncle of the other, but that doesn't really matter we call them the Salona brothers anyway. One lives in an unfinished house and the other lives in an appartment. I don't know how to describe them in a way that would be comprehensive and complete so I'll just let you look at the pictures and you will know that we have had alot of laughes with these men.
That's about it for now but I'll see you next week.
oh yeah I forgot, we got transfer calls, I'm staying but my comp is going to Barbados. My new comps name is Elder Miranda, he's from france. He is, in fact, the only french missionary in this mission right now. So that's pretty sweet. His parents are From Chilie so he speaks spanish, but he was born and raised in france It'll be a blast. Thanks alot for everything! Love you!
Also I'm including pictures of two of the funniest/craziest men in the branch, their both less active and one is the uncle of the other, but that doesn't really matter we call them the Salona brothers anyway. One lives in an unfinished house and the other lives in an appartment. I don't know how to describe them in a way that would be comprehensive and complete so I'll just let you look at the pictures and you will know that we have had alot of laughes with these men.
That's about it for now but I'll see you next week.
oh yeah I forgot, we got transfer calls, I'm staying but my comp is going to Barbados. My new comps name is Elder Miranda, he's from france. He is, in fact, the only french missionary in this mission right now. So that's pretty sweet. His parents are From Chilie so he speaks spanish, but he was born and raised in france It'll be a blast. Thanks alot for everything! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment