Monday, August 23, 2010

Hey, so guess what????


hey so guess what?! Last minute changes in the transfer means I'm not with Elder Miranda From france and now I'm with Elder Figaro from San Diego. Crazy huh?

This week was pretty crazy, elder Helms left for barbados and Elder Figaro came over from Guadeloupe. We've been working alot on houses and we've found some pretty cool people who have been really busy. We were able to teach That really cool family that we were talking about with the book of mormon and they were alright. They are REALLY catholic. Not like the "well I was born catholic..." kind of person but like really practicing which is pretty cool. The lesson went alright, but I think we could have done better explaining the restoration.

This week we had a sweet bum encounter. We were going to a lesson with a member family named the Laquembés and this man called us over. He thought we were Jehovah's Witnesses and when we explained that we weren't he grabbed our hands and then started sining a prayer. Elder Figaro was trying not to laugh but I knew this guy was completely nuts and just laughed anyway. So he finished his song/prayer and then hugged us, then took our hands again and knelt down. I just said "I'm not going to do that." He seemed a little taken aback and then got up and explained to us that he was Batman. He was a great bum.

sorry for the short one this week I forgot to write about all that has happened in my planner before coming here. But next week It'll be a sweet email. BYE!

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment