Hey this week was pretty sweet.
We have been working really hard to find people and this week we walked to a city called Robert. (it's about 5 miles from Trinité) and we have been finding some really cool people. Then we also went to a city called Tartane. Which might be the most beautiful place in our area. Well no, it definitely is the most beautiful place in our area but it's so sweet. There's a sweet island out in this bay and a sweet beach. (Don't worry we didn't go swimming) But we did tract all the buildings in tartane (of which there aren't very many) But we met some really cool people, and some not so cool people and some other people as well. One's name is Louisianne. We extended a baptismal date to her and she excepted on the first lesson. On the other hand she didn't come to church yesterday but that's ok she'll come next week.
There was a crazy rasta man who kissed both me and elder helms. Don't worry it was just on the neck. We were walking down the street and a drunk rasta man comes out. I was talking on the phone and the guy was calling us over. Elder Helms was saying that we had a rendez-vous to get to. but the guy just kept insisting. So we went over there and I kind of went off to the side because I was busy takling to Soeur Anthony. The Rasta man kept talking to Helms but I wasn't watching. Then he came over to me and gave me a big hug. (Yes in case you were wondering he smelled strongly of Rhum and it was only noon) and he gave me a big wet kiss on the neck in the middle of this big hug. I was startled, but not surprised. and then we were really just trying to get rid of him and he didn't want us to go. We had walked a little ways away and he had kept following us. and I was standing on curb about 2 feet above the sidewalk where Helms and The Rasta man were standing and he gave Helms one last hug and then turned to me, gave me a hug. (Which was significantly awkward considering I was twe feet above him) He just wrapped his arms around my legs with his head on my belly. Then as we were walking away in silence the only words that came out of Helms' mouth were. "He kiss you too?" then I replied "yep." then Helms rhetorted. "Yeah I thought so." and we walked to our rendez-vous.
Other than that I didn't write down alot of stuff to write to you so this will have to do, but I did get my package so thanks alot! the journal looks great! and we are loving the gravy! (they have lots of sauces here but nothing like good old fashioned gravy) but good news I got my camera back! yay!!! so here are some pictures. I'll take lots more of trinité and send them to you next week!
Love you!
We have been working really hard to find people and this week we walked to a city called Robert. (it's about 5 miles from Trinité) and we have been finding some really cool people. Then we also went to a city called Tartane. Which might be the most beautiful place in our area. Well no, it definitely is the most beautiful place in our area but it's so sweet. There's a sweet island out in this bay and a sweet beach. (Don't worry we didn't go swimming) But we did tract all the buildings in tartane (of which there aren't very many) But we met some really cool people, and some not so cool people and some other people as well. One's name is Louisianne. We extended a baptismal date to her and she excepted on the first lesson. On the other hand she didn't come to church yesterday but that's ok she'll come next week.
There was a crazy rasta man who kissed both me and elder helms. Don't worry it was just on the neck. We were walking down the street and a drunk rasta man comes out. I was talking on the phone and the guy was calling us over. Elder Helms was saying that we had a rendez-vous to get to. but the guy just kept insisting. So we went over there and I kind of went off to the side because I was busy takling to Soeur Anthony. The Rasta man kept talking to Helms but I wasn't watching. Then he came over to me and gave me a big hug. (Yes in case you were wondering he smelled strongly of Rhum and it was only noon) and he gave me a big wet kiss on the neck in the middle of this big hug. I was startled, but not surprised. and then we were really just trying to get rid of him and he didn't want us to go. We had walked a little ways away and he had kept following us. and I was standing on curb about 2 feet above the sidewalk where Helms and The Rasta man were standing and he gave Helms one last hug and then turned to me, gave me a hug. (Which was significantly awkward considering I was twe feet above him) He just wrapped his arms around my legs with his head on my belly. Then as we were walking away in silence the only words that came out of Helms' mouth were. "He kiss you too?" then I replied "yep." then Helms rhetorted. "Yeah I thought so." and we walked to our rendez-vous.
Other than that I didn't write down alot of stuff to write to you so this will have to do, but I did get my package so thanks alot! the journal looks great! and we are loving the gravy! (they have lots of sauces here but nothing like good old fashioned gravy) but good news I got my camera back! yay!!! so here are some pictures. I'll take lots more of trinité and send them to you next week!
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment