
ok this week was crazy! So we have this investigator named Sister Moysan, she's been to ALOT of chruches and she says that at each one she was decieved. They said one thing and did another. But anyway she's been reading regularly in the book of mormon. She's been praying too, but she said that she hadn't received an answer that the book is true yet. But when we ask her how she felt when she read the book she said "my heart beats a little faster, I feel a kind of excitement, not scared just excited." and hey in my book that is an answer. So what happened is we went over there to teach a lesson on fasting and prayer; at the end we told her that if she wanted we could fast and pray together so that she could have her answer. She thought it was a good idea and so we fasted. The day after the fast we went over and to be honest we didn't have much of a lesson planned. Just read some scriptures that would help get her to church. Well we were asking her how her fast went and she said "good, but still no answer" well elder fernandes opened his scriptures and he saw a scripture that we had studied together a few weeks before, that Jeffery R. Holland had used in his talk at coference. It was 2 Nephi 33:10-11 and she started reading. She stopped halfway through and Elder Fernandes and I thought she was having trouble reading, then we heard she was crying. She kept reading and after we asked her how she felt. She answered "It's the same feelings I have when I read the Book of Mormon, but much much much stronger." We then asked her if she would get baptized on the 21 she said she'd pray about it. I think she is having trouble trusting the church just because she's been dissapointed so many times. But that was crazy. Fasting and Prayer Works.
Another Miracle story; we contacted a guy named Mr. Linco and normaly we wait a week or so to call the contacts we have but Elder Fernandes felt like Calling him like a day or two after. He called him and set up a rendez-vous and he explained that his wife had always seen us walking in the streets and everytime she asked someone what we teach no one knew. She asked her husband if he had ever seen us and he told her "yeah they talked to me yesterday" and then an hour later we called. Well the day came for the rendez-vous (the same day as Sister Moysan's answer) and we waited for a bus for an hour and a half, nothing came, so we went to have lunch, after we went and saw Sister Moysan and after seeing her we were walking and a woman in a car stopped us. she asked us what we were all about and we explained a little bit and then a man walked up to get in the car. It was the guy that we weren't able to see that day. We had a rendez-vous and but she was practically begging to be taught. We couldn't refuse. The spirit helped us teach one of the most flawless Restoration lessons I've ever been a part of. The gift of toungs was bestowed I didn't need to think about how to say anything everything just came out! that was crazy! When we went to her house with serge and diana we taught the plan of salvation and she kept saying "that makes so much sense. Wow that is perfect!" Stuff like that, she is SOOOO legit!
Ok Parting a bit from the spiritual we were sitting in the town square in Sainte-Anne and this old white french dude was walking around. Pretty round around the belly. He was looking pretty suspicious. He walks up to us and tries to look at our badges or whatever and he just says "vous ĂȘtes bein beau" which is pretty much like "You're really handsome!" uhh....yes? We talk and find out that he's alone here on vacation and then he walks away, still in the town square, and still watching us. Yeah weird...
Well that's about it for this week
oh yes I almost forgot we were playing Soccer today and I decided to jump on the goal post. Little did I know that is was not cemented into the ground and well It fell on me. I am in a moderate ammount of pain right now but I will live...so I'm pretty sure right now you are either Shaking your head no, or saying to yourself "of couse he did that." or perhaps both, well yes that was it.
oh PS um that bag that you sent me is not what i'm looking for. I Need something to cover only the triple combination; that's Book of Mormon; D and C and Pearl of great price. Preferably one with a bunch of cool colors on it. I don't know I saw stuff like that at the MTC and so I think you can get it on the outside...
another thing is that Elder Fernandes was wondering if you could get him a journal with his name on it, like the Maroon one you sent me, he said he'd pay me the cost when it gets here. I think he wanted "Elder Samuel Fernandes" and if that's too long make it "Elder S. Fernandes" ha he also says that make sure it's an S at the end, his name is portugese and if there is a Z at the end it's spanish. that would be super!
Another Miracle story; we contacted a guy named Mr. Linco and normaly we wait a week or so to call the contacts we have but Elder Fernandes felt like Calling him like a day or two after. He called him and set up a rendez-vous and he explained that his wife had always seen us walking in the streets and everytime she asked someone what we teach no one knew. She asked her husband if he had ever seen us and he told her "yeah they talked to me yesterday" and then an hour later we called. Well the day came for the rendez-vous (the same day as Sister Moysan's answer) and we waited for a bus for an hour and a half, nothing came, so we went to have lunch, after we went and saw Sister Moysan and after seeing her we were walking and a woman in a car stopped us. she asked us what we were all about and we explained a little bit and then a man walked up to get in the car. It was the guy that we weren't able to see that day. We had a rendez-vous and but she was practically begging to be taught. We couldn't refuse. The spirit helped us teach one of the most flawless Restoration lessons I've ever been a part of. The gift of toungs was bestowed I didn't need to think about how to say anything everything just came out! that was crazy! When we went to her house with serge and diana we taught the plan of salvation and she kept saying "that makes so much sense. Wow that is perfect!" Stuff like that, she is SOOOO legit!
Ok Parting a bit from the spiritual we were sitting in the town square in Sainte-Anne and this old white french dude was walking around. Pretty round around the belly. He was looking pretty suspicious. He walks up to us and tries to look at our badges or whatever and he just says "vous ĂȘtes bein beau" which is pretty much like "You're really handsome!" uhh....yes? We talk and find out that he's alone here on vacation and then he walks away, still in the town square, and still watching us. Yeah weird...
Well that's about it for this week
oh yes I almost forgot we were playing Soccer today and I decided to jump on the goal post. Little did I know that is was not cemented into the ground and well It fell on me. I am in a moderate ammount of pain right now but I will live...so I'm pretty sure right now you are either Shaking your head no, or saying to yourself "of couse he did that." or perhaps both, well yes that was it.
oh PS um that bag that you sent me is not what i'm looking for. I Need something to cover only the triple combination; that's Book of Mormon; D and C and Pearl of great price. Preferably one with a bunch of cool colors on it. I don't know I saw stuff like that at the MTC and so I think you can get it on the outside...
another thing is that Elder Fernandes was wondering if you could get him a journal with his name on it, like the Maroon one you sent me, he said he'd pay me the cost when it gets here. I think he wanted "Elder Samuel Fernandes" and if that's too long make it "Elder S. Fernandes" ha he also says that make sure it's an S at the end, his name is portugese and if there is a Z at the end it's spanish. that would be super!
ok I forgot to mention, we had a lesson with our New convert Clovis Jomie. He educated me on the United States of America. He told me that every year the americans gather around the "statue of the god of the fortress" and worship it. All the americans do it and the do it every year. Even europeans come over and do it too.
The next day we came over he showed me a picture of the Statue of Liberty and told me, "You see that's what I was talking about that's the statue of the god of the fortress!" so I'm pretty sure what he thinks to be a peagan god worshiping ritual that we have every year actually turns out to be the 4th of July, independance day.
oh and also he told me that I had never heard of "The statue of the god of the fortress" because I lived in a little village in the united states and because I was Christian. hahaha...yeah...
The next day we came over he showed me a picture of the Statue of Liberty and told me, "You see that's what I was talking about that's the statue of the god of the fortress!" so I'm pretty sure what he thinks to be a peagan god worshiping ritual that we have every year actually turns out to be the 4th of July, independance day.
oh and also he told me that I had never heard of "The statue of the god of the fortress" because I lived in a little village in the united states and because I was Christian. hahaha...yeah...
No comments:
Post a Comment