Monday, January 25, 2010

Hey! What is Shaking and Bakin?


This week was pretty crazy, I got put with Elder Fernandes and I'm in Gosier now. A Little bit about elder Fernandes, his parents come from portugal, his dad is legit portugese and his mom is cappe verdiean (islands off portugal) but he lives in Belgum, the part that speaks french, but he speaks 5 languages French, Dutch, Portugese, Cappe Verdian Creole, and English yeah so that's pretty dope. The area, well the area is so beautiful, we have the 2 most touristy cities in our area, St. François and Le Gosier, they really are so pretty the only problem is there are too many white people. ha no jokes, it's so weird, not to mention people think that we are tourists. (of course when you are in the country people always think that you are lost pilots, so there is kind of a trade off there) But the people are cool, we don't have alot of investigators right now because the area was just blanked and there was no missionary activity for almost 3 weeks, so it's kind of hard to pick up where the others left off, considering this proverbial ball has already been dropped. Other than that Serge and Diana got baptised!!! ha it was so cool they really are so strong in their testimonies it's awesome. I've never seen anything like them like really I can see leadership material in Serge. He told his conversion story at the baptism and he said some thing like' [talking about before he found the missionaries] "I didn't go to church because I didn't want to go to just any church, and I didn't get baptized because I didn't want to do just whatever" he was totally looking for the true chruch without even knowing it. They were so cool SO legit! Other than that, there is not much going on here, just gosier.
Questions for Elder Plaster????
1. How are you doing? Good
2. What is your appt. like?? My appartment is good I actually like it alot, there is a hammock where I write in my journal every night and it's cool, the landlord is way way cool, her name is madame amarius.
3. What is your Branch like did you have to change?? Yes I changed, my new branch is way way way small, the old one had like 60 people every week, and we had 22 people at church this week in the Gosier branch.
4. How are you doing with your new Companion?? Very well he's pretty cool
5. HOw are your investigators doing?? very good (see serge and diana story)
6. When you got your pk. did you also get your socks and paper?? Yes I got the socks and paper Thanks for everything you do for me back home!
LOVE YOU!
Elder Plaster

No comments:

Post a Comment