Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Transfer, and I'm Going to Le Gosier...


Le Gosier
Le Gosier is the third most populated
commune in the French overseas région and département of Guadeloupe, in the Lesser Antilles. It is located on the south side of the island of Grande-Terre, and is part of the urban area of Pointe-à-Pitre, the largest conurbation in Guadeloupe. In the 1999 census, Le Gosier had a population of 25,360. The commune has a land area of 45.2 km² (17.452 sq mi).


Ok the only way that the earthquake in haiti has affected us is there are alot of sad haitians here, like alot of the members are really sad and worried about their families in haiti, but for me I'm fine, I just feel bad for everyone else.

as for the painting; it didn't happen, we went to a wedding instead, a couple of investigators that used to be Elder lish's got mairried and we got to go (they are now my investigators but I'll get to that later) Their Names are Serge and Diana, they are so cool, they have the strongest testimonies I've ever seen investigators have, they're so cool. but before I talk about the wedding I need to explain the day before the weddding, so we had an appointment with them and they live way way way far away, in a town called douville, out in the middle of no where, and so we took an hour long bus ride and then we were waiting for serge to come pick us up, but when we called diana she was almost crying and saying that serge couldnt come pick us up and that we would have to find our own way, so we had to walk, it took about an hour and a half to walk to her house, like I said; the middle of no where.
So when we got to her house she started talking to us, and crying, she said that Serge and her had got in a fight about whether her family should be invited (they are very anti-mormon) and he stormed out, but we had a great lesson with her and her sister (both are SO cool) and we found out after we got home that serge came back and they made up so everything was good.
The wedding was interesting, the weddings in france have to be done at the government building, they don't recognize religious services. so it was more like a legal thing than anything else, but Elder Colling told us to turn off our cell phones before the wedding, and then during the signing of the papers his phone rings hahahaha ok super funny, after that Elder Lish and I were trying our best to not laugh! SO FUNNY!
Other than that I got my transfer call, I'm going to a town called Le Gosier, and it's really touristy, so I don't know, and my companion's name is Elder Fernandez...from Holland hahaha yeah so he speaks french english and dutch, he was in surinam, then Trinidad, and now
Guadaloupe, so other than that I have no Idea who he is. and now serge and diana are becoming my investigators because they live the closest to gosier,

well that's about it; I heard you talked to kaesi thanks alot! oh and I got the package it was great! thanks so much! you really are the best!

lots of love

Elder Plaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment