
We left for zone conference on monday and got back on wednesday. It was really sweet, we talked alot about the responsiblities of branch leaders, who has what responsibilities, like if the Branch president or the Elders Quorum president has certain responsiblites, I realize now that the quorum president has alot more responsibility than I once imagined.
This week started aout pretty slowly because we were in Guadeloupe and we were pretty tired of traveling when we got back on wednesday. But there is a man who is really really interested. His name is Landry, he was born in france but his parents are from the Congo, oddly enough he was once married to a woman from mauritius island, which is where my companion is from. He has been reading the book of mormon and says that he feels like what we say is true. He is REALLY smart and asks alot of questions and does alot of research. We mentioned last time that we would be teaching about the plan of salvation. I'm certain that he will have already read all about the plan of salvation on the church website before our visit and then corroborate the lesson with his research. He is quite fastidious.
We are also teaching the Celestin Family, the daughter and the son are members but the parents arent, they're not married but are planning on getting married. I have a slight feeling that they don't understand everything we say because they don't speak french very well, mostly Haitian Créole, but we are able to get the point accross.
That is it for really promising investigators right now.
Life is good, I will only get to send you 9 more emails after this one! (I only have 9 weeks left!) And it's Ben and Logan's Birthday! woo! tell their famlilies I say hi
It sounds like our Elder Plaster is getting a tiny bit trunky! I'm always so glad when they are excited to come home. I think a few of my missionaries would have liked to stay forever being missionaries. Love, Robynn
ReplyDelete