
An even dozen of the Lord's finest will return to families and hometowns in Utah, Idaho, Arizona and American Samoa on March 24 after two years of fulltime service in the West Indies Mission. These outstanding elders, who have served worthily among members and investigators in the islands of the Caribbean and in parts of South America, are Kip Clawson Gilley, Phillip John Peterson, Daniel Gordon Christensen, David Blake Lish, David Eugene Gaddy, Donald Caleb Powers, Jacob Wenlock Free, John Luke Jarvis, Jordan Brent Clark, Preston Kim Manwill, Quinton James Montgomery and Von Shumway Hill. Elders, you will always be sons of the West Indies!
Ok I won't be able to do the pin thing until next week because I don't have my social security card with me.
I didn't actually go shopping I just wanted to pull some money out to see if my card worked and to have some personal money on me just in case I needed it somewhere. Yeah the travel lady told me she sent my information to the church travel office in salt lake fof me to come home on the 16th she says she'll email my flight plans to me a month before I leave. I guess you could say that I am coming home soon, 12 weeks from this thursday, but still that's 3 months, a quarter of a year. (if there is one thing missionaries know how to do, it's manipulating time to seem longer or shorter than it really is.) Either way you look at it I till have some time to baptize some people down here.
Transfers were not as exciting as they usually are. I am staying here with Elder Bastien and Elder Nufer and elder Lagin (the other two elders in this zone) are also staying together. AKA no real changes happening in french guyana. I have a feeling I will finish my mission here in Matoury, which honestly I didn't want to do because it's pretty small and I've already been able to work about 3/4 of the area, 4 transfers here seems a bit long but we'll see in six weeks time what happens. Elder Hill and Elder Lish are going home in a few days, they are 2 of my favorite missionaries out here right now. After they leave I (along with Elder Miles) will be the oldest missionary on the french side! (It would have been Elder Evans because he came out a transfer before me but as you know he got sent home due to medical problems.) Do you know what date Ben is coming home?
About USU I believe Mike Garlick is going up there. I plan on talking to him about what he's doing for housing up there. Maybe he and I could live together up there. Or maybe he knows some people, if not I'll figure something out.
Brother Copa is from the bay area (Pleasent Hill to be exact) He finally went home after his long vacation here in "les antilles".
About the work this week, it didn't go to well because I was sick again. (French Guyana has a reputation for making missionaries sick.) I had a headache for 3 days so we decided to go see a doctor. I waited for 3 hours in the waiting room to see the doctor. When I got in there she examined me, told me my throat was red, didn't tell me what was wrong with me, and perscribed me something that would help with the pain. All in all it was a waste of time and money to go and see her. I'm doing a little bit better, I'm not as achey all over and my headache is not as bad. (It's true that the medication did help with the pain but it's really just numbing the symptoms and waiting that I heal.)
That's about it. Love you! Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment