Monday, January 31, 2011

This Week Was Great!


This week was great. It started out pretty normally but then on thursday we had a super explosion with lessons, we taught 5 other lessons in one day, found 6 new investigators and then taught 2 Less active/ recent convert lessons! It was so great! ha that was the most succesful day of my mission as far as numbers go. It was amazing. We are teaching a Dutch man named Harry, and he is really cool. His understanding is so great. He studied with the missionaries before in Surinam and in Holland. In Surinam there is a really really really big bridge, and He told us that poeple jump off it to kill themselves. He said he was really at the lowest low and he was walking up the bridge to jump off, when he was almost at the top he felt a cold cold wind. He got really cold. He thought it was a sign so he turned around and at the bottom of the bridge he saw the missionaries and talked to them! He was going to be babtized but he had to leave the country because of family problems but he is really cool! Also on our amazing day we found a family named the family Elfort! They were SO cool and really normal people, like a real family (which to be honest is rare here) the lesson was great! I remember elder Schwab said to me "Lets teach this one like we just got out of the MTC like we're on fire. This is the message that will bring people to the church!" It was a really great lesson we had with them.

Other than that we had a SWEET inactive family come to church. They're brazilian and the father had a son before he got married to his current wife, well they he's living with them now and we are teaching him. They actually teach him because he doesnt speak a word of french. They are really good teachers they know alot about the gospel and they started talking between themselves and they said "well he needs to see the church to know that it's true, we are going to bring him to church" and they did it! They all came to church, they're called the family Taveres, They're SOOO much fun, I just wish they weren't inactive! That was a huge succes, especailly for elder schwab who has been matoury for 3 transfers and has never once seen them at chuch (3 transferes it almost 5 months)

Other than that all is good, I'm sorry I don't have any photos for you I left my camrera at home today. I'll have some for you next week.

One thing, could you tell me on what date did I graduate? Thank you for everything! yes I did get the letters from the ward, the sisters brought it from guadeloupe when they had to get their Passports renewed.

Love you!

1 comment:

  1. What a great day Elder Plaster had. I can just feel his excitment in his words. What a fun letter writer he is. Thanks for sharing. Love, Robynn

    ReplyDelete