Monday, January 17, 2011

Bike Troubles


Stake conference sounds like it was sweet. I really liked elder Kearon's talk in Preisthood session about obediance. It was really good you should look it up. Perhaps it was mostly that I loved his accent! hahaha no but the talk was great too. I don't even know what stake I'm in anymore! what! we're no longer the Double R III? ah no! hahaha I'm dissapointed! ha no it's not that big of a deal but the Double R 3 will hold a place dear in my heart. Orchard 7th ward? hahaha that's funny.

Litlle Jace Jones is an elder! haha nice! I got a letter not to long ago from him it was great to hear about what he's up to and how he's preparing for a mission. Congradulate him for me. Hillary also sent me a letter not to long ago, I glad to hear she's getting married. Tell Kathy to tell her congrats for me.

This week was really good. We were able to teach alot with members. Part member families and member references mostly it was really good. About the building and the transportation, President D'abreu (the branch president here) is helping us look for a building much closer than cayenne, which is a 20 min drive, so for anyone without a car is nearly impossible to get there alone. It's about an hour bike ride. (or so I've heard) Hopefuly we will be able to get a building soon. Within the next couple of week would be great.

This sunday we had a multi stake/district conference transmitted by sattelite from salt lake city. Notable speakers were President Uchtdorf and Elder Oaks. In Elder Oaks' talk he pretty much laid it all out on the table about things that the caribean doesn't do so well. He talked about "Traditions of Zion" and how most traditions that we have go with the gospel but some traditions that we have go against the teachings of Jesus Christ. Some of the "traditions" that the caribean needs to break he said were; Tithing, Modesty, Missionary Service, Faithfulness in marriage, and Honesty. It was a really powerful talk and very very straight forward. President Uchtdorf's talk was also about traditions. He touched on a couple of the same subjects Elder oaks did but he mostly focused on Tithing, Temple worthiness, Daily scripture study and daily prayer. We had 5 Investigators at church and I think they all really enjoyed listening to talks inspired and given for and to the people of the caribean. One really funny investigator asked my companion elder schwab when he saw President Uchtdorf "He's an apostle? Is he Jewish, he looks jewish. I think he's an apostle." hahaha I thought that was super funny.

Other than that we've just had alot of bike problems, ALOT, first my tire went flat, then something went wrong with elder Schwab's gears, then my axle broke or bent or something. then they brought me a spare bike and somehow the wheel got bent, and kept popping out and then I got another flat. The spare tire the other elders gave us was the wrong size and so we were stuck to walking all yesterday. It's been a mess recently. But all is well so. yes

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment