Monday, June 21, 2010

We've been Blessed BIG Time

This week was pretty good. Well good and not so good. We have not had the most successfull week ever but we have been blessed. Big time. So last night my and Elder Copa were walking through this pretty sketchy part of town and in fact we thought we had gotten out of the really sketchy part so we were talking about how wicked sketchy "terre-saine ville" was. That is when this dude with two of his friends walked up to us and was like "Hey it's the Jehovah's Witnesses!" He was way friendly but way ganster looking. So he comes up to us and goes to shake our hands and grabs both of our hands at the wrist. Then his tone was not so friendly "Give me your money now." and then he let go of Copa and was reaching in his pocket for something and the thought that ran though my mind was "I'm getting knifed right here." so I break his grip and start walking away. but he follows me and is still demanding money. Then Copa (who honestly didn't have any money with him) called him over and showed him that he really didn't have any money with him. So he went and checked out Copa's stuff. Then he came back to me and I emptied my pockets and showed him that all I had was a planner and a pen. (but yes I did have a wallet in my back pocket with like 100 bucks in it) and he sees that my pockets are empty and he asks "Where you from!? America!" I said "Yeah I'm from the United states." He responded "What are you doing here!?" and I gave the simplist answer I could "We're helpin people man. We're helpin people." Then he said something that didn't make sense, something like "You need more help than people." something like that and then he charged my companion and he dodged him. and then we walked away. And voilĂ  we got away. it was pretty crazy. Getting mugged is no fun.

But we were protected big time. Also I sent a postcard for Rita to the house, if you could give it to her that'd be sweet.

We have been teaching this man named Dieudonné (which means God given) and we chalenged him for baptism for the 10th of july. He is really really cool. I've got a special feeling about him. He's coming to a family home evening at someone's house tonight it's going to be sweet.

I think I need a new Journal, and something that I'd like would be Gravy Packets. There isn't any real gravey here. Thanks so much


Love you
Elder Plaster

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers! Blessed BIG time is so true. That's why we pray for these sweet missionaries daily. We love you Elder Plaster and you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete