Monday, June 14, 2010

I Am Really Good

This might be a photo of a missionaries "Dream" closet filled with neck ties

I am really good. This week was good. A bit rough but it was still good. Last week we gave baptismal dates to people and they accepted them, one of them (His name is Roger) Even said "Whatever it takes I'm with you, all the way." well this week the two people we gave baptismal dates to are avoiding us and won't answer their phones. That's So not cool.

The Most interesting person I've talked to during the week was this man yesterday. He's an american, from Delaware. His dad is martiniquan and he's here because well he's kind of a gangster who got caught selling drugs and so he posted bail and flew down here to hide out. Well he's actually a really calm guy and he likes talking to the missionaries mostly because we're american and he doesn't like speaking french. So we saw him last night and he called us over and we started talking and he was admiring my tie/ (it was the purple pierre Cardin tie that you had sent me) and he was saying earlier that his mom had sent him a tie and he would never wear it. Well while he was admiring my tie he said. "Man...you want a tie?" I, of course, said yes. So he went upstairs to his appartment and then got me the tie that his mother sent him. So last night I got a tie from a gangster on the run from the law here in Martinique that his mother sent to him. Sweetest tie ever. Also when we were talking to him this man pulled up and started yelling prophanities and saying stuff like "Go home you (explitive) americans!!!" and I said "that man was upset." and the other american gangster dude was like "Nawh man...he ain't upset or nothing" and I was like "No I think he was genuinely upset..." And also his Romanian friend was way cool, they were the oddest friends, Sweet gangster dude and really uptight Romanian man. I would say that they are the most interesting people I talked to this week.

I might be needing a Jounral pretty soon. But other than that I don't know If I need anything I can't really think of anything right now. Sorry.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment