
Everything is good here, yeah I got your package today, it was perfect, serge and diana really love temples and so those cards with temples on them were perfect I'm going to show them to them today. Other than that we are going to have a baptism next week. His name is Clotaire Jomie, and his brother has been a memeber for 25 years, and Clotaire was Jehovah's Whitness when he decided that he was in the wrong church, he is truely the golden investigator every missionary looks for, he keeps all his commitments and he loves everything we teach him. There was one difficulty however, he kept quoting a story from the Quaran, and I kept trying to correct him gently in telling him thathe Quaran is not the wod of God, so finally after dancing around the subject I had to straight up say. "Clotaire, the quaran is not to word of God" and he was really sad and a bit defensive and he said "you musn't say that, you musn't say that" and I said "The quaran teaches us that Jesus was just a man, a prophet, a really great guy, but not the savior, I know, and the Bible teaches us that he is the savior of the world." He was a little bit sad for a second but after he realized that it was correct. I always feel a little bit scared telling people that something that they've believed in for so long is not true. Other than that we had a very interesting lesson in priesthood; about sections 131 and 132 in the D and C (mariage and polygamy) and there was a new convert there and an investigator... perhaps not the most well picked lesson. We taught a very 7th Day Adventist lady the other day and she pretty much wanted to bible bash and so we decided it'd be better to leave, but when we went to her neighbor's house she yelled "There's no one there!" and there was clearly a man sitting on the porch. We talked to him and he was grumpy, we went to the next house, and again "There"s no one there!" and so we moved on to the next house and then again she yelled to us "There's no one there!" so we decided to get out of there, so we went to a different house, thinking it was far out of eyesite of her house and we rang the doorbell, and from the distance we heard "There's no one there!"...a bit frustrating Other than that things are going well Serge and Diana are doing great they are so strong in the church I'm so happy they found Christ's Church it's awesome. well sorry for the brevity of this letter but I have got to go! Thanks For Everything! oh something that would help is some simple recepies, because I can cook, I just don't know what to cook. Thanks!
Elder Alex, I made a missionary cookbook for missionaries. I will stick a copy in the mail to you today. Love, Cousin Robynn
ReplyDelete