So here's the deal for this week, this week started out pretty good, I don't really remember the beginging of the week though because it was slightly uneventful compared to the second half of the week.
So elder Nelson and I were working in downtown point a pitre and we got a call from the assistants, Elder Nelson answered the Phone and I could tell that he was leaving point a pitre, I was sad, but I wanted to talk to the assistants to see who my new companion would be, because hardly ever do they move both Elders From an area. So I took the phone and was talking to Elder Wright and he told me that I was moving too! ha so our area is getting blanked, two other missionaries will be moving into our appartment! ha I'm not too happy, I'm going to point d'or (that means golden pointe) to be in an appartement much less nice that the one I'm in now. And also I've been living in the appartment we have now for nearly my whole mission! ha it's practically my home!
So then we went and had a sweet lesson with a lady from dominica. (they speak english on dominica) and afterward she kept saying that at the end of our mission we should take a boat to dominica with her, and she can show us around, and find us a good dominican girl to marry! hahahaha! Also she taught us how to make ginger tea, she told us just take a little bit of ginger root, boil it, add sugar and then drink it, adding also "it will burn your throat really bad but just ignore that!" hahahaha she's great, her name is Mary Magdaline Joseph.
Well anyway during our lesson I started to feel not so good, and then when we got out, we sat down for a while and discussed transfers, and by then I was feeling wicked crappy, so we went home, and there I spent the next few days with a fever and a wicked crazy headache and an achey body. but I'm starting to feel better today, I still have a headache, but I'm not dizzy when I get up, so thats good. But yeah its sad Elder Nelson is Going to Baie-Mahault with Elder Butler (an Austrailian) and I'm going to Point d'or with Elder Miller, (A montanan) so yeah thats the update here!
Ok so driving in the snow! ha how I'd love that! even driving at all! I miss it! you're so right I would take that chance in an instant!
oh yeah so one thing about mail that you have to remember is it takes about two weeks for anything to get here, and maybe longer for anything to get out, because all mail leaving guadaloupe has to go france first, and then take into account the holliday season and, well you see my point.
I don't know If I wrote this in my last email but the collings got your thanksgiving card right on thanksgiving. They Love getting real mail, they dont get alot because they can make video calls back home from their computer, but they were really touched by your thoughts!
but yeah no christmas stuff yet so we'll just sit tight.
Tracting is going pretty good, we've found alot of cool people, but alot of the time cool people just want to listen to the missionaries because "it's good to hear about God and all that stuff" and they don't want to do anything, except listen, so that means their commitments are not being held so...yeah but now I'm moving to a new area and its going to be cool! it's more country than point a pitre but yeah theres that.
I'm not exactly sure which Catholic family you are talking about because I have two in mind, one is our landlord and her kids who live in france, and the other one we dropped a long time ago. But I don't know if we talked to you about the sister missionaries who called our
landlord and then asked for us, but we talked to them and they said that our landlord's Son in law and daugter are talking about baptism! ha Just helped answer the prayers of two sister missionaries in france! ha that's so cool
Christmas? I'm not exactly sure what they do over here for christmas, I think the ward gets together and has a big meal celebrating christmas, and all that, and of course our phonecalls home. Speaking of which, I can't really give you a specific time, that really depends on what happens that day. So sorry, I'm not exactly sure!
Yeah Mike is cool to come over if he can (just tell him there is juice in the fridge) hahaha that'd be way cool. but yeah I think that's about it for this week!
au revoir!
So elder Nelson and I were working in downtown point a pitre and we got a call from the assistants, Elder Nelson answered the Phone and I could tell that he was leaving point a pitre, I was sad, but I wanted to talk to the assistants to see who my new companion would be, because hardly ever do they move both Elders From an area. So I took the phone and was talking to Elder Wright and he told me that I was moving too! ha so our area is getting blanked, two other missionaries will be moving into our appartment! ha I'm not too happy, I'm going to point d'or (that means golden pointe) to be in an appartement much less nice that the one I'm in now. And also I've been living in the appartment we have now for nearly my whole mission! ha it's practically my home!
So then we went and had a sweet lesson with a lady from dominica. (they speak english on dominica) and afterward she kept saying that at the end of our mission we should take a boat to dominica with her, and she can show us around, and find us a good dominican girl to marry! hahahaha! Also she taught us how to make ginger tea, she told us just take a little bit of ginger root, boil it, add sugar and then drink it, adding also "it will burn your throat really bad but just ignore that!" hahahaha she's great, her name is Mary Magdaline Joseph.
Well anyway during our lesson I started to feel not so good, and then when we got out, we sat down for a while and discussed transfers, and by then I was feeling wicked crappy, so we went home, and there I spent the next few days with a fever and a wicked crazy headache and an achey body. but I'm starting to feel better today, I still have a headache, but I'm not dizzy when I get up, so thats good. But yeah its sad Elder Nelson is Going to Baie-Mahault with Elder Butler (an Austrailian) and I'm going to Point d'or with Elder Miller, (A montanan) so yeah thats the update here!
Ok so driving in the snow! ha how I'd love that! even driving at all! I miss it! you're so right I would take that chance in an instant!
oh yeah so one thing about mail that you have to remember is it takes about two weeks for anything to get here, and maybe longer for anything to get out, because all mail leaving guadaloupe has to go france first, and then take into account the holliday season and, well you see my point.
I don't know If I wrote this in my last email but the collings got your thanksgiving card right on thanksgiving. They Love getting real mail, they dont get alot because they can make video calls back home from their computer, but they were really touched by your thoughts!
but yeah no christmas stuff yet so we'll just sit tight.
Tracting is going pretty good, we've found alot of cool people, but alot of the time cool people just want to listen to the missionaries because "it's good to hear about God and all that stuff" and they don't want to do anything, except listen, so that means their commitments are not being held so...yeah but now I'm moving to a new area and its going to be cool! it's more country than point a pitre but yeah theres that.
I'm not exactly sure which Catholic family you are talking about because I have two in mind, one is our landlord and her kids who live in france, and the other one we dropped a long time ago. But I don't know if we talked to you about the sister missionaries who called our
landlord and then asked for us, but we talked to them and they said that our landlord's Son in law and daugter are talking about baptism! ha Just helped answer the prayers of two sister missionaries in france! ha that's so cool
Christmas? I'm not exactly sure what they do over here for christmas, I think the ward gets together and has a big meal celebrating christmas, and all that, and of course our phonecalls home. Speaking of which, I can't really give you a specific time, that really depends on what happens that day. So sorry, I'm not exactly sure!
Yeah Mike is cool to come over if he can (just tell him there is juice in the fridge) hahaha that'd be way cool. but yeah I think that's about it for this week!
au revoir!
So glad to hear he is feeling better. Good Luck on your transfer Elder Plaster!
ReplyDelete