Monday, June 13, 2011

Last E-mail from Elder Plaster



Wow, the very last email....uhhhh

Don't worry, this week we took lots of pictures with members with my companions camera, he just forgot it at the house. I'll be able to to take them from him later. Other than that At church this sunday not alot of people knew I was leaving. Except for when a young woman who was supposed to give a talk didn't come and then Brother Vivet came up to me and asked me to give a 10 minute talk, and the closing prayer. haha it was pretty classic. I talked about hope and how if we are repented of our sins and living the gospel we can have hope of eternal life, which is confident waiting for eternal life. It was alright.

Church was good, there were alot of Latios that came. César invited people to church which was super cool, then there was Alécida a friend of a member, Christina, a member, and her non member son Jerson. Normally ir there are enough investigators we do a class just for them, this time it was all spanish speakers and it was great, all our new friends really enjoyed the lesson my companion gave. (I still don't really speak spanish.) It was really good.

I went to a marriage, it was the parents of 2 members, a young man and a young woman. They (the parents) Had lived together for over 20 years and finally decided to get married, which is really really good. Normally people here think that since they have lived together for so long, it's not really worth it to get married. It was great. The reception afterward was at their house and there were ALOT of haitiens. So many that there wasn't a place for us out front. so they put us inside, all alone. People kept looking at us like we were racist and didn't want to mix with the others. Also there were Salvation Army ladies there. (The parents frequent the Salvation army.) It was great.

I was worried about being alone as I went out of the airport in Dallas but now that I know that she is willing to take up to 5 I am more recomforted, I wil have to convince some of the others to come with me. I will also ask president if it is alright. If it is not, I'll have one of the ladies at the office send you an email and you can call Robynn. But I think it will be fine.

Sinon ça va? Love you

Yes that's about it. See you on thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment